Program Code: (TRANSKIL Programme)
Under this programme the Centre offers translation and interpretation services from and into national and international languages.
Luganda, Lwo, Runyakitara, Lusoga, Lumasaaba, Kiswahili, English, Arabic, German, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch etc
The Centre of languages and communication services has a team of well qualified translators and interpreters with a wealth of experience and professional ethics.The team is composed of University lecturers and full-time translators
- Among the translation projects the centre has undertaken are:
- Draft Constitution Simplified into local languages
- The constitution of the republic of Uganda 1995 into local languages.
- Literature and other educational materials on Value Added Tax(VAT);
- Educational materials and literature for the the Uganda Co-operative Alliance
- Educational and Religious Literature for the Lutheran Media Ministry and for other religious organizations;
- Resaerch materials/tools for Makerere Institute ofSocial Research and PLAN international,into various local Ugandan languages.
- The poverty Eradication Action Plan (PEAP),into local Ugandan languages;
- National Wetlands Policy,into Various Ugandan Languages.
Other Related Services
Proof-Reading and editing of the Promulgated Constitution of the Republic of Uganda,1995, in 6 major area languages;
We are the commissioned official translators for the Uganda Revenue Authority for which we translate vehicle importation certificates and other documents. We also translate foreign academic transcripts and certificates.